Monday, October 1, 2012

a game of catch up...

       Well, hi there. I’m back. I guess I have a love hate relationship with this whole blogging thing. I love looking back at it. I love knowing that one day the kids will be able to see what life was like in the little years (especially since I don’t scrapbook or write much down). I love letting family and friends who live far away into our little life. But, when I have free time, sitting here in front of the computer is not #1 on my list. Yet, I want to keep it up, so, I’m going to sum up summer in 2 days. I know, I’m into the fall mode too, but don’t want to overlook these precious memories :) 

       The end of our summer was spent at Ormond Beach for two weeks with my family and grandparents. That trip was Will’s first visit to the ocean, lots of wave jumping, sand castle knocking over, super early mornings, summer Olympics, wagon rides along the ocean, afternoon storms rolling in, Ellie’s awesome swimming skills and obsession with goggles, Ellie surprising Nini and Bubba at the airport, ten people squeezed into a condo sleeping everywhere, good food, Ellie getting lots of time with Nana and Papa, storytelling, Ellie’s first night crab hunt with Grandpa,and early morning walks riding on Grandpa’s shoulders.

 Rushing in some photos before a huge storm blew in.


Fun watching these 2 develop a friendship.

The whole crew (minus Nana and Papa)


Nini and Bubba were in the house.


On our last night, Lolly and Ellie decided to jump in the pool in their clothes (Ellie kinda clothed :)

 Early morning meant seeing the sunrise everyday.

Water baby.

Evening walks with my snuggly boy.


Everyone had Olympic fever.

 Papa was our faithful pancake maker.



 Ellie with her Bubs.


 "Surfing" with Grandpa.

 Olympic fever... There were quite a few races that took place in that pool.


Grandpa always brings fun times with him.


Hmmm. wondering what these two were talking about???


Pretty Nana :)


The more waves the better!



 So sweet.


Nightly wagon rides.

Will loved him some shells.


Little chubby hand reaching for some.


Got it!


These two...

Learning to float.
 Think she loves her daddy???

Little girl.
 More gymnastics. 


 One of my very favorite snap shots from the trip.




Freedom!!! Clothes never last too long with this one.

Jumping waves. Over and over and over.



Will and his Nini.

Cat naps.



Loved flying. 

Sweet face.

No comments: