Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ellie's 1st (official) performance

This year I have had the chance to participate in Community Bible Study. It has been a great study and really opened my eyes and heart to such a fuller view of Christ through studying the book of John. But, one of the best things about it is the children's program Ellie was in. They teach the kid's songs, scriptures, Bible stories, do crafts, and go to a music class each week. Ellie is a little obsessed with her teachers (Amy and Melanie) and talks about going to Bible study all week. 

Well today, Ellie was a part of their spring performance. The kids sang all the songs that they had learned this year, about 20! Randomly, Ellie will be singing a song that I never taught her, and I'd ask her where it was from, Bible study. It is amazing how much she absorbed from her time there.

So back to today, the kids filed in.  I know little miss is outgoing, but I figured she'd just sit on the steps and stare out at the crowd. I hoped for more, seeing that Eric left school to come, but who knows. Well, Ellie, was liking her time singing, staring at all the people, but once she spotted Eric and I , the show was on. Most kids sat. Ellie stood. And jumped. And clapped. And showed her little friend where her mom was sitting. And got a little crazy toward the end of it all....



Let me help you find your mommy...


I kinda like having a hundred people to entertain... (the teacher behind her is trying to read her name tag, "Who does this one belong too???)

 No words needed here...







1 comment:

The Patridge's said...

Have you potty trained her? I see panties!