Monday, January 2, 2012

Meet William

William Kingsley Ness
Born December 19, 2011 at 12:17 p.m
9 pounds 10 ounces, 21 1/2 inches

On December 19, 2011 at 12:17 pm we welcomed sweet William Kingsley Ness into the world. It was a grey and wet, yet peaceful morning. Eric and I arrived at the hospital at 6:00 am and I was induced around 7:00. It was a quiet morning, just Eric and I together. Everything went really well and routine. Around noon, I could tell that this little man was ready to make his appearance and 17 minutes later, he was born! I don't remember him crying as much and loud as his older sister, and he had a head full of dark hair. The moments that followed are so hard to remember. It's almost like your watching it unfold in someone else. It all happened so fast. I think that this time though, I had more of a sense of peace. I remember when Ellie was born, they handed her to me and later the nurse said she was worried about me because of the look on my face. I guess it was all a little overwhelming the first time. Eric and I were so happy. So thankful that our little boy was here and healthy. And, when I say healthy, I mean 9 pounds 10 ounces and 21 1/2 inches of a healthy baby, We were shocked to find out how big he was, especially since I was induced a week early.  It was such a special time for Eric and I to spend just the 2 of us, and soon 3. We spent the afternoon just looking at and getting to know our new baby boy. I am so very thankful for Eric. He was such the calming force I needed all morning while being poked and prodded and becoming anxious as the time for him to come arrived. He also brought so much excitement and joy to the day. As William began making his way into the world, Eric just kept telling me he was coming and his excitement was contagious. It took my mind off of everything else and put it onto the only thing that really mattered at that moment, welcoming our baby.

So, here is a peak into our little boys first few days of life...



 Ellie and I the day before William was born.


 Seeing William for the very first time.












 Eric and I could not wait to see how Ellie would respond to her new baby "Wo Wo". For those of you who have spent anytime around sweet Ellie in the presence of a baby know her obsession. Rocking their car seat, sneaking into their bag to find a bottle to "force feed" the little one, swinging the swing, noticing babies everywhere we go. We had told her over and over about baby William coming, and she knew to point to my tummy. But, we were not sure if she really knew that there would be a baby coming who would go home with her and be there for always. But, she did and has done better than we could hope. She was actually kind of timid when she came in and Eric held her up to see the baby. She was very interested, and still is. It is a little frustrating at times for her because she has to have such "gentle hands" with him and leave his paci alone, but she is getting the hang of it and loves her little "Wo Wo." And, I have a feeling he is going to be a tough, deep sleeping little boy!





 BG was a hero the day William came! She came over before we left for the hospital (5am) to keep Ellie for the morning. I was worried about how Ellie would be on this day full of changes, but after showing BG around her house, reading books with her, riding the Carousel and train at the mall, and lunch at Chic-fil-A, they were the best of friends! Ellie had such a fun day with her and Eric and I could rest assured that she was having a happy day. Thank you SO much Denise for all of your help!


 Ellie with our nurse. She has delivered both of our babies!














 Ellie could not wait to put that car seat to use!


 Here  we go! A family of four now!


 Welcome Home!



 We have had a lot of these sweet little moments around our home the past 2 weeks.


 First bath.


One thing about this being our second child, is that you have a sense of normality in your life still. Things are different, but you have been there before. Ellie reminds me of this day after day. We are thankful for how well our little man has done since being home. He is eating well, just a lot and sleeping about 3 and a half to 5 hours at night. He likes to be held and is content most of the time. He is such a little cuddly thing and makes the sweetest faces after a meal. I am getting used to nursing again and Eric and I are getting used to segmented sleeping again :) We are thankful for all of the help our families have been to us and for all of the encouraging words/ call/texts from our friends! Thursday is my first day alone with the 2, but Ellie insists she will be my helper :)

9 comments:

Heidi said...

He is beautiful. He looks so much like you & Ellie, but has his own little look too. I love his dark hair. Absolutely precious. Ellie looks like such a loving big sister. So happy for your family.

Lacey Quinn said...

love the picture of the 4 of you and that last one! so so sweet :) can't wait to meet him!

LBR said...

Emily I am so happy to see his sweet sweet picture! He looks so much like Ellie!! And yes- babies are her obsession and she is going to make one great little helper :) Please let me know if you need ANYTHING!

Keri said...

What a sweet baby...and he does favor Ellie! Congrats to your family of four!

Matt and Kristen said...

Sweet William! He is precious!! Glad you guys are doing well!!

DavidandSteff said...

oh my, oh my, oh my he's cute!!!! Love me some little babies. Well, little big babies. What a blessing he will be to your family. Isn't it wild to see your family and future taking form? I love the family picture in front of the window. Your birth stories are idealistic...I'm trying to keep the jealousy to a minimum-lol. Welcome, big beautiful baby Will!

plnjane said...

Congratulations - what a beautiful family. Love to you. xoxo

plnjane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...

He is just beautiful!!!