Sunday, September 18, 2011

He gently leads...

Time means more to me now than ever. Counting as weeks pass and our little boy grows bigger and more intricately inside of me. Seeing months pass and with them brings an older, more independent, more affectionate little girl. About a year ago, she was still...


mastering the art of sitting (look at those little thighs!).
 just learning the joys of "exploring" (aka pulling stuff out from everywhere!)
 learning to eat "real" food.
 spending time in this thing.
 and hair was just beginning to grow!
 Somethings have stayed the same. Such as her love for sinks.
 and the Gators :)
Yet as fall has begun, travels have slowed, and life in general has taken on a more consistent, steady pace, I realize that these past few months have given me more of an adventurous, curious, smart little girl than a baby. Note, I did say little, and I mean little little! I am not trying to rush it, but it happens. I love this age that Ellie is at. She is talking more and more every day. She is beginning to be more affectionate by giving more hugs and kisses. She loves to read (only if she can sit right next to you with a huge quilt :). She is funny and knows it.

I guess as she grows, I feel the responsibility for her well-being, her education, her soul more and more. We are at the age where discipline/training slowly begins. The age where her mind is always going and I want to fill it with interesting and stimulating good things. I am so blessed to be able to be at home with her all the time. So, all this responsibility falls on Eric and I. And I am thankful for that in many ways, yet sometimes it can seem overwhelming.

Tonight, Eric was sweet and took Ellie to church with him to give me some quiet time at home. I was reading my Bible and came across a verse that I had never read. I felt like the Lord was reminding me that it is not all me. Or Eric. It is Him. Only He can save Ellie. This verse revealed to me a very tender, compassionate, and understanding side of God. A side that cares so much, even for me, a mom staying at home raising a little one up.

"He tends His flock like a shepherd,
He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart;
He gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11

To me, that imagery is amazing. God of the universe keeping little me close to His heart. Gently guiding me as I learn to care for Ellie.

This picture of Ellie sums up what that does for my heart:


It is freeing!
I can try and faithfully do what I feel I need to as her mom and Eric's wife and go on living my days trusting Him to lead.
And He has blessed us with much!

Telling momma about her adventures with Daddy out in the remnants of the tropical storm that came through.












1 comment:

angie said...

Emily,
I am so blessed reading your blog. I can feel the holy spirit and the peace in your home every time i read it. The love of the LORD is so full at your house. Your family is beautiful!
I hope your feeling good now a days. Different this time around-- no rest for the weary, with a little one to chase.
Talk soon...Blessings! Angie