Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Oh, Happy Day!

Yesterday, we saw this, 15.2 cm of a miraculous little life already underway.
And we heard a powerful little heart beating away, 159 beats a minute, so full of life.

You see, on April 19th Ellie and I spent a really fun day at the zoo with some friends. She got to play in the fountains for the first time and was a huge fan. We came home, took a nap, and Eric got home. So, we went on a walk. I was begging Eric to buy a test. He was in no hurry, he already knew. He had a feeling. I needed cold hard evidence (see I tried to cheat and take one without telling him but I was so nervous I messed it up...) He finally gave in.

And it told us Eric was right. There would be another member in the Ness family! That little face on Ellie really sums it up. She was not sure what to think of mommy and daddy jumping around saying, "Can you believe it?" Over and over. We couldn't wait to tell our family. Thankfully, they would both be in town within a week of each other!

We let Ellie walk into Kelly's house (where my parents were staying) with a Big Sister shirt on.

In this picture, my mom is saying, "Hi Ellie! Big sister..." and Kelly shouts, "Mom, they are pregnant!"

She finally realizes it. And, despite what that face says, is happy for us!! My dad on the other hand, he said he could tell by looking at me when I walked in. Gotta love an honest family....


Oh, I love this picture too (sorry Bubba!) My dad drug Ellie into where Drew was still sleeping. It took him a while to get it too...

Eric's mom came in town a few days later. Her flight got in at almost midnight- He was so excited he told her right when he got her for the airport! We tried the shirt out on Eric's dad when he arrived a few days later. After about 15 minutes of us waiting for a reaction, he said he read it but just never said anything (he actually had asked Eric if we were pregnant  a while ago because he heard it from someone at the grocery store- it happened to be the day we had just found out. It was a fluke though. So Terry didn't want to pry too much! I get that!) We had Ellie wear the shirt on skype he asked who Ellie's big sister was. Men are so funny! :) We had a fun time celebrating with Eric's family, but we missed you Kevin!
Mother's Day 2011. It is crazy to think that the next time we celebrate, there will be two to hold! We are super excited. It sometimes doesn't seem real. I can tell that it will be different than when I was pregnant with Ellie. Days go by where I am so busy taking care of her that pregnancy kind of slips my mind.


But, it is so special. This is a little embroidery project I started working to remember the day we found out about our sweet little Button. I think about the days to come, and I have excitement feelings mixed with worry. How will I do it all? What will I do with two babies all day?
Breathe.
But, then I count my blessings, and the joy overtakes the fear. And I rejoice! For a husband who is my other half. A happy, busy little girl who will be dying to help. And a healthy little button, growing away inside of me, safe and sound.

I have been feeling pretty good up until last night. I never got that sick with Ellie, so pregnancy was no big deal, but if last night becomes the norm. ouch. Other then feeling tired a lot, things are good.

Oh, and when is the baby due you might wonder?
Christmas Day.

14 comments:

Holly said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy for you... two little ones just means twice the fun! ;)

Kim Halbach said...

Congratulations Ness Family!!! I am so happy for you guys, what wonderful news.

Ellen said...

Whoohooo! Love the picture of Ellie's face after ya'll found out. I know already she is going to be a great big sister. We love ya'll and are sooooo excited!!! Can I go ahead and place my bet on a boy? (Although, I was totally wrong last time :)

DavidandSteff said...

Yay for more babies! It may be crazy, but it really is so much fun too! I love your mom's expression...priceless. The embroidery is beautiful-I love the knots. I am praying you have a happy, healthy second pregnancy.

Kelly Pearce said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!

Kari Clark said...

YEAH! I'm so excited for you all and LOVED your post with all the announcement stories! Praise God for this precious blessing for a very precious family! Much love and HAPPY PREGNANCY!!!!

Lindsey Williamson said...

Congratulations Emily! YOu will love having 2. What wonderful news!

Rachael Lamb said...

Congrats Emily! I'm so happy for you guys!!

Matt and Kristen said...

Congrats to the Ness family!! Ellie will be a great big sister! Glad you are feeling good!

The Patridge's said...

I just cried! So happy for you guys.

Marybrooke Woods said...

WOW!! I am so happy for all of you.... I got a message from Melissa at school today. I was very happy to see all of you at the school last Friday. Take Care and I look forward to reading you blog.

Keri said...

How exciting! What a great Christmas present for you and your family!

Heidi Mitchell said...

Yay! So exciting. What a big Christmas gift. And I love the embroidery. Been wanting to learn how to do that.

Sara Pyles said...

YAY!!!! SO excited for yall! Congratulations, Ellie is going to be the best BIG sister!!!!