Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter Snapshots

Here are a few snapshots of our Easter this year. We were happy to have mom and dad come in town for a quick visit to spend the weekend with us (we missed the rest of our family for sure!) We had a laid back weekend of just being together.

Lolly and Ellie spent a lot of time outside entertaining each other with the bubbles.


Before heading to church on Easter, everyone was sweet to oblige my request to meet to take some pictures.

He'll do whatever it takes to get a smile out of his little girl.

Not sure what they were talking about but I love how serious she is listening and how he is holding her little pinkie.





Mom has become quite the sewer these days. She made all three of our Easter dresses.



?




After Easter lunch, Ellie hunted eggs around the yard. She was quite good at it and was all about the snacks inside of them. She would shake and shake them. It was kind of funny, a few days later we were at a friends house and there was this little egg shaker thing. Ellie was so upset that I wouldn't open it to get the treat out... I tried explaining, but you know.

We had a great weekend. I was reminded on Sunday about how powerful Christ's resurection is and I saw it in a new light. The pastor talked about how so many people didn't believe Christ was alive, even after seeing Him. Even though it was promised all throughout Scripture too. It reminded me that Jesus keeps His promises to us.

I will never leave you.
I will provide for your needs.
No one can snatch you from my hand.
Believe in me and you will be saved.

And the list could go on and on.
That encouraged me so much.

Well, Eric's mom flies in tonight and his dad will drive down Friday so we are looking forward to having a good week with them! Ellie loves all the extra attention and people to love on her!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Love your dresses! Wish my momma would bust out a sewing machine! Everyone looks great. Glad your parents got to enjoy some time with sweet Ellie.

Ashley said...

Absolutely adorable family. LOVE the dresses! :)

DavidandSteff said...

Beautiful Easter pics! Um...so I could have totally used your moms help...the dress I made myself for Easter looks just like Kelly's and it was a headache. Glad you had a fun Easter. Ellie is so stinkin cute. I love her little wild hair. I always wish i could have just let me little boys hair just go to see what it would do.