Sunday, February 20, 2011

Some down home lovin'

Some Cracker Barrel, Bama Flea Mall, a red teddy bear with a heart, and a basketball game. Don't these things come to mind when you think of Valentine's Day??? What a day it was.
Ellie greeted by her Valentine before he headed of to school.

This is what I woke up to... Sweet card, but the bear? Seriously? I was thinking- Eric Ness just how long have you known me? Much to my happiness though, the card was fat and had a gift certificate for a manicure, pedicure, and massage!!!! WOO HOO! Sorry I ever doubted you babe :)

Ellie and I spent the day with Kelly and my mom.

Sisters... and Harve.  Do you ever get to old for posed shots with the family dog?

Mom and I ready for breakfast. Mom is sporting her V-day gift from me. I found some really fun tutorials on making that flower necklace and then the fabric covered beads I have on. I will share soon!


Before we left on our adventure for the day, Ellie opened some gifts.




With some help.


Everyone got a "Best of My Days" notebook made from the Ashley Ann Blog. It is just an easy way to remember the best part of your day. You just jot it down every night before bed. Some days it is hard to fit the goodness of the day in the little bitty space, other days it is hard to pull something to be thankful for out of an otherwise not so hot day.

Then we headed to the Barrel for some breakfast.



After breakfast, we headed to The Bama Flea Mall... This is a must see for those of you who love the hunt. It is huge, you could spend hours in there, granted you have lots of junk, there are some treasures to be found. Did I mention it was Alabama's best-kept shopping secret?... Well, I found some things that I loved. Ellie was not so into it, and all the junk would have given Eric a panic attack.
We got home just in time to be surprised by Eric who snuck home to bring me some beautiful flowers during a break. My favorite flowers I have ever gotten!

I gave this to Eric for Valentines. We dream about one day living out in the country in an old farm house and this was made from resalvaged wood from an old house. I got it from a great Etsy shop.

That night, we headed to a basketball game to finish off the day. If I couldn't spend the day with Eric, there is nothing I would have rather done than be with some of my favorite people and dig through junk antiques... Hope you had a good day with the one(s) you love!!!


3 comments:

DavidandSteff said...

Wasn't that a fantastic tutorial? After seeing it, I ran right to the store to find "beads". Looks like you had a great time with family- so much fun! The red bear was awesome.

Matt and Kristen said...

Sweet Valentine's Day...Matt gave me a book and I thought..oh nice book.. then I opened it and there was a gift certificate for a massage... we must not doubt our men :)

LBR said...

your family is too cute! would love to learn how to make that flower necklace!