Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy birthday, to my bookend.

book.end (noun): a support placed at the end of a row of books to hold them upright, usually used in pairs.
One of my favorite books chronicles a sweet, older couple who refer to themselves as these. Eric, this is what you are to me. Day in and Day out, you keep our life, all of our many "books" we carry, upright. You are my rock. My constant. My best friend. My light. The ways that I admire you are many, and I hope that I remind you of this enough. This time of year especially, as you put in many long days and evenings, I want to say thank you. For working so hard, providing for your girls so abundantly, and for doing it all with joy. Happy birthday babe. I love you so much!
A stroll through your past year...
 
                                                             You and your little twin


Wearing one of your many hats.


I cherish watching you and Ellie together.

Never stop making us laugh!

"Bookends"


Your first Father's day

Full.
The everyday times I love.

Early days of being a dad.
Meeting your baby girl.
Life has changed so much since your last birthday. At the time, it was just me and you (I being about to pop...) Now, we have become a family of three. As you drove off to work today, and Ellie stood at the window sill waving good bye and blowing kisses, my heart was overflowing with thankfulness to the Lord for letting me experience this life he has given.
I love you. Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

SO sweet!!!!! :)

Sara Pyles said...

I love the idea of calling your significant other "book end"...so true for Jack and Me!

DavidandSteff said...

Happy birthday Eric! Sweet post.

Keri said...

Happy Birthday Eric!