Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Some Favorite Things

Somethings that have made life a little sweeter lately...

  • Having our house decorated!!! My sweet husband is the man! I went out for a friend's bday and came home to lights on the tree (which I dread and takes me forever), the outside of the house lit up, the mantle decorated, stockings hung, and the Nativity set up! He even taught Ellie to just point to the ornaments, and not pull them! (We'll see how long that lasts...)
  • Peppermint Mocha coffee creamer!!! YUM!

  • The Josh Groban Christmas CD

  • Cold weather- Being from FL, I usually dread it, but it makes things seem more Christmas-y

  • Celebrating Advent- this is the first Christmas that we really ever have. We are trying to include more traditions in our family that point Ellie to Christ.

  • Which leads me to these 2 books- This one is called Treasuring God in Our Traditions and has really challenged me to be more intentional with the things we do as a family. And, I just got this book for Eric and I to read together this month. It called Come Thou Long Expected Jesus and is a collection of Advent readings by really great authors.

  • Projects! Kelly moved out about a month ago so I have been working on our craft/play/guest room. Last night I painted the walls while E coached a game. I can't wait to finish and show y'all!

  • Almost 10 month old babies! This has been the most fun age. I think that every month, but Ellie has been so happy, animated, and learning/doing all kinds of funny new things.

  • Pictures... sadly our nice camera is in the shop... again. I never knew how much I loved that thing. I saved up for a long time to get it and it is worth every penny! A sweet friend has lent me a camera so I now can take pictures again. So here are a few...


  • Love Christmas PJ's


    Decorating her tree


    Ellie loves to wear and make bracelets out of everything.
    Ellie getting her first tree. I should add that it is the biggest tree ever. My idea of getting the tree is finding the biggest one in our price range color. That I did. I think it must have been tagged wrong... It takes up half the living room and drinks at least 3 cups of water a day.

    Getting Christmas cards is another favorite thing! This is where they hang out!
    Burlap is another favorite thing. I am obsessed with it. Want to make curtains, pillows, bed skirts out of it.

    Ellie has really gotten into books. I almost teared up the other day. We were all sitting on the floor and Ellie went over, picked up this book, and flipped through every page super fast like it was no big deal. I know, I know... but she is getting so big.

    3 comments:

    Ellen said...

    I love Ellie's little pink tree... precious! I need to get one of those for Caroline. We are starting to do advent, too! Thanks for posting new pics of Ellie... I miss that sweet face!

    Heidi said...

    It's so crazy to see how much Ellie has grown and how much she is learning! She's so cute!

    Maggie Pyles said...

    I love those two books yall are reading...great books! It is so fun to have a sweet little one this Christmas!