Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Full

"Oh give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name; make known His deeds among the peoples. Sing to Him, sing praises to Him tell of all His wondrous works! Seek the Lord and His strength, seek His presence continually!" 1 Chron. 16


I feel full. So full. Taking the time to really think about all that the Lord has blessed us with is overwhelming and humbling. Overwhelming because there are so many good things that He has given to me, things I often overlook in discontentment because I want more of this or that. Humbled because I don't deserve His goodness, not even a little, yet He is so gracious anyway.

I love Thanksgiving for this. It reminds me to stop and remember, to look back at what the Lord has done, and is doing today. To give thanks.

For a husband, best friend, source of much laughter, personal weatherman, and solid rock.

For such a happy, active, make me laugh, healthy little girl!



My family, some of my best friends, and most supportive people I know (we missed you daddy!)



More family we love and wish we could have been with them (well, we were via skype!)



A home that's warm, cozy, and feels like us.

All of our needs our met, we have more than enough...

"More" Ellie has been learning to sign a little. This was her response after Kelly gave her her first (massive) bight of mashed potatoes.



Thankful for "firsts" (Kelly and Drew's first Thanksgiving as a family and Ellie's first ever) and for a new "brother"!


1 comment:

Kelly said...

i miss ellieeeeee... and yall :)