Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ellie's Baptism

Sitting in big church waiting for the baptism.

Ellie Kate,

We are so thankful for the amazing blessing that you are in our lives. We have chosen John 15: 9-11 as your life verse. "Jesus says, "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full." We pray that as you grow that you will know the Lord and his abounding love, grace, and mercy early in your life. We hope you will then reach out to others in love to show them that the joy in your life comes from God's love and sacrafice for us all. Dad



Church wore you out! You had a big afternoon ahead of you!


Thanks so much for being there Ames!

Such a happy girl!

Ellie and Lolly

Uncle Kev


Playing with Caroline.

Thanks for coming to see me!

Ellie with PaPaw and Grammy (Eric's mom and dad). Thanks for being here!

Drew and Kelly

Thank you so much BG for opening up your home to us all! She also made the beautiful gown that Ellie got to wear. We had such a perfect afternoon, and your hospitality was so appreciated.

Sunday was such a special day. The biggest thing I took away from it was that a reminder that Ellie is not ours, but the Lords, and that He has given her to us with a responsibility to point her to Him. What a HUGE responsibility, but it is so comforting to know that we can rely on God's grace and help in raising this sweet little girl.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Just beautiful!! What a special day!!! :)

Happy Little Camps Family said...

This post was beautiful! I love the life verse that you and daddy chose for her,it was perfect.

You have a gorgeous family!

Sara Pyles said...

What a blessing to see a baby baptized into a covenant family! The Lord is faithful!

Matt and Kristen said...

Sweet pictures. So sad we couldn't make it :( What a beautiful dress!!