Tuesday, May 4, 2010

too blessed to be stressed

Yes, I know it's kinda a cliche', but that little phrase was my wake up call this morning. I guess I have been spoiled by the way Ellie normally is. She has been a pretty easy, happy baby, so when this is not the case, I don't always handle things in the best way. Well, I have been a little tired lately, I guess it is all hitting me, and when I get tired, I am not a person you would probably choose to be around. Long story short, Ellie slept OK last night, but woke up super early and I was super tired. And, she was super fussy, and I was super cranky. I have to admit, I was really impatient with her and annoyed at the situation, if I'm being honest. Well, I got her changed and fed, complaining to myself about how the whole day will be thrown off, and she was finally content. So, I go to get a cup of coffee, and the only clean mug in the cabinet is a big one my parents bought at the hospital gift shop. Didn't want to use it, so I even looked to see if the dishwasher was clean. Nope. So, I had to use it. The mug says "New mom, too blessed to be stressed." Since Ellie has been born, there hasn't been a ton of time for deep Bible study or long quiet times (hence my attitude...), but God used the message on some little cup to reach me where I was this morning. How it hit me. I went in to look at Ellie and told her I was sorry for being so impatient, and she just smiled at me brightly as if everything in her world was perfect. The Bible says that love keeps no record of wrong... There it is. Another lesson God has taught me through a sweet baby. And, I am sure, you too, are probably too blessed to be stressed!

4 comments:

Lauren Kelly said...

Beautiful message to this post, Emily!!! Oh, the lessons we can learn thru kids and a cup, ha! :)

Ellen said...

You are precious, Emily. I love your honesty and I think you are the best mom! It was so wonderful to spend time with you last week, although it always seems too short. Counting down the days until July!

Jill Jones said...

Such a great reminder!

Kelsey Clark said...

Love it...and it is SOOOO true!!!! Thanks again...I feel like I get a wake-up call every time I read your blog! :)