Tuesday, May 11, 2010

FIrst Mother's Day

It was so crazy to actually be the one "celebrated" on Mother's Day! It has been such a fun/amazing/learning time over the past three months as I've become a mom. Eric made it a really special time for me. We actually celebrated on Saturday because the golf team he coaches made it to state and he would be out of town Sunday through Tuesday. Speaking of, after the first day they are in second place and played awesome!!! I am so proud of you and your team (but we can't wait for you to get home!)

Well, Saturday morning Eric and I had to meet with our pastor for a class about baptizing Ellie, so Ellie stayed home with my sister that morning.
Ellie loves her time with her Aunt Nini... Hence the thumbs up and HUGE smile!
After the class, Eric surprised me and took me out to breakfast at a place in Mt. Brook called Another Broken Egg. It was so delicious and now that I think of it, the first time we had gone to a restaurant without Ellie. I had Biscuit Beignets and they were to die for! It is a great little place to eat. I always love tyring new places and it was fun to enjoy a meal together just the two of us. While at breakfast, Eric gave me the sweetest card from Ellie (since she wouldn't be able to sneak away to pick one up) and from himself. Also, he gave me one of the sweetest gifts he'd ever given me. He gave me an amethyst necklace (her birthstone). Now I am all about a meaningful, thought out gift and will always love it. And, it is really pretty too!!! Something that I would have picked out for myself! And as if that wasn't enough, he got me sewing classes! I am so excited about this! It will be my little "get away time.".
We also got to spend the whole day together as a family and that was so good! So, Eric, thank you so much for putting so much time into this day. You know that details and thoughtful gifts mean a lot to me, and you really made me feel special, loved, and greatly appreciated! I love you so much and have loved learning to become a parent alongside you. It has given me so many more things to love about you.

Eric brought home such pretty flowers for me on Friday after school!

After church on Mother's Day.

(Also, thank you to everyone who thought of me on this special day through words, cards, and sweet gifts!)

On another note, today I was reminded of how important friends are in life! I finally got to catch up with a dear friend (my fault, not hers!) who is such an uplifting person and has already become an amazing mother to her little girl! It is so good to have someone to relate to and funny to see how we go through so many of the same things as new moms! She is also a wonderful photographer and has started her own business that you can check out here: http://kelseyclarkphotography.com/index2.php#/home/ . Love you Kelse!!!

3 comments:

Lauren Kelly said...

So glad you had a special Mother’s Day, Emily! Beautiful photos!!! :)

Matt and Kristen said...

Glad you had a great mother's day... and pumped about the sewing classes. I took 6 weeks of sewing classes a few years back... plus 2 sewing machines later and I still stink at it.

Kelsey Clark said...

You are TOO sweet!!! I LOVED catching up the other day too!!!!! I SOOO wish you lived closer! I can't wait to see you ALL in a little over a month...YAY!!! :) Also, LOVE the Ann Taylor dress...I have it too! haha!!! Call again when you can...it was SO wonderful to talk!
LOVE YOU!!!!!!