Saturday, May 29, 2010

3 Months


Ellie,


It is amazing to be sitting here thinking about the fact that I am writing a post about the first 3 months of your life. Your mom and I are so thankful to have been blessed with you and each day we both thank the Lord for the precious daughter he has given us.


You have become so much more aware over the last month or so. Each day when I come in to get you in the morning, you are laying there with your eyes wide open staring up at me. Then, the moment that you make eye contact with me, a smile comes across your face that is the most special part of my day. Your bright blue eyes light up every picture that your mom takes of you. You've started to outgrow your some of your newborn outfits which helps to remind us that these days can go by so fast.


You've also started to laugh more often. I can't begin to tell you how much joy that amazing little noise brings to our life. We hope that each day you laugh a little more and understand as you grow up how amazing the gift of laughter truly is. When you laugh.....we laugh.....and when we laugh....sometimes you start to laugh.


You're also able to hold your head up on your own for longer periods of time. We can sit you up on our laps, or in your bumbo, or even in your jumparoo and you will hold your head up on your own. When we hand you one of your toys, you have learned to hold on to it with your extra tight grip. One other thing that you have started to figure out is how to suck your thumb. You still cant quite get all the rest of your hand out of the way....but you are close!


I remember when we first found out that we were going to have a baby, a number of dads came up to me and told me that I was about to experience God's greatest gift. Then when we found out that you were going to be a little girl, a number of those same dads told me......well.....that's it, she will have you wrapped around her finger. I have seen over these amazing three months, how correct all of those dads were. You are truly such an amazing gift from the Lord and I am so thankful to have you as our daughter. I can't wait to see what the next months will bring but I am soaking up each and every minute with you. The best parts of my day always come with you and your mom. We always want you to know just how much that we love and care about you.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

this is a tear jerker
we love you too ellie!
drew and nini

DavidandSteff said...

So glad Em found you, Eric.

Lauren Kelly said...

This is beyond precious!! So sweet coming from Daddy!! :)

Kelsey Clark said...

sweetest words ever! em and eric-this will all be so special to ellie one day! can't wait to see you all SOON!!!!!!!!! :)

sanjeet said...

This is beyond precious!
PPC Advertising India