Monday, April 26, 2010

Her Whole World...

Things have been going pretty good here around the Ness house. Ellie is still as sweet as ever, learning to laugh, trying to hold up that head, and sleeping about 10 hours at night. Life is good! Eric has been pretty busy finishing up golf season, but he will be done pretty soon and Ellie and I will be SUPER happy to have him around more!

Well, I haven't posted in a while because nothing major has been going on I guess. My dad asked me the other day while Skyping, what I did all day, and I said "this" (propping Ellie up on a pillow, trying to make her smile...) Not too crazy huh? Some days, I can begin feeling a little "blah", as though my life isn't very interesting. But, then I think back to something my mom said to me when Ellie was about a month old. It really changed the way I view things (and I don't even think my mom knew it was too profound when she said it) I was sitting on the bed, checking my e-mail, and I glanced at Ellie and she was just staring away at me with those big blue (for now) eyes. I mentioned something about it, and my mom said, "Well, you are her whole world." That really hit me. How amazing yet humbling to think that Eric and I are this little girl's whole entire world. Her whole life is dependent on us. But, not only to meet her needs, but we are her happiness, entertainment everything. It just really makes me appreciate and really value my role as her momma. What a responsibility. But a good one. Often, on days when she seems fussy or wants to be entertained all day and I get nothing done, I think back to what my mom told me, and take on my "motherly duty" with purpose and pride. Well, of course, not all of the time, but I try. And, nothing makes this fact hit home more than when Eric or I go and pick her up out of her crib after a nap and she just lights up at the sight of us! Even when I haven't washed my hair or even thought about make-up for a couple of days... And this makes it all worth while, and more.

Well, here are some pictures of what we have been up to lately!

OK, before I post the pics, here is a little real life, real time happening... So, as I begin to upload the pics, I have one of those delightful moments (as I mentioned above) when I go get Ellie out of her crib up from her nap. She is all smiles and so happy to see me. So sweet. So, I bring her in here to sit on my lap as I finish, hear a rumble, and notice that things are feeling a little wet. Well, now I'm back Ellie has on new clothes, me too, and the table cloth is in the wash. This is fun...
On to the pics!

So, Eric and I thought that it would be fun to get out and enjoy the sunshine a couple weekends ago, so we went to Tannehill Trade days (aka a big ole flea market at a state park.) Somehow, we missed the memo that you had to be a huge back wood Bammer to attend (just a little love to all my sweet Bama friends out there, none of which I'd label as a Bammer... :) ) And, for those of you not from this wonderful state, a Bammer is a Univ. of Alabama fan whose whole life revolves around the Tide. An 80's hairstyle and a Bama tank (male or female), and a never ending loyalty to the Bear are a must.

Ellie's 1st train ride out to the Trade Day. Sorry, but I cropped out the super frizzy mullet that was sitting in front of me.


About to head home. Ellie was not too impressed by it all.




On to some more fun times. Our great friends Jeff and Ellen, and there sweet girl Caroline are in from California. Ellie and I got to visit with them at our sweet friend Denise's house. Ellie and I are jealous of their tans to say the least. It was so great to visit with them!

We also attended our sweet friends Ashley and Jason's wedding last weekend.


This was Ellie's first wedding! She spent most of the ceremony hanging out with her daddy in the lobby. She just had too much to say!

Hanging out with some of momma's sorority sisters and great friends Amy and Ruth.

2 comments:

Lauren Kelly said...

Such sweet pictures Emily. Your family is precious! And just loving hearing your thoughts on being a momma!! :)

DavidandSteff said...

Great post. I love them one at the wedding where you're holding Ellie. Her face looks like she thinks you're going to drop her. Ha! She's growing up so much and is still so pretty.