Sunday, March 28, 2010

dress making



Good morning! Hope you all had a good weekend! We had beautiful weather here yesterday so Eric, Ellie, and I spent the afternoon at the Aldridge Botanical Gardens soaking up the sun. We also stopped by and visited a new flower shop/farmer's market in Hoover. It is off of 150 near Hunter Street Baptist- if you live in the area you should check it out!

Eric and Ellie relaxing at the gardens.



I thought I'd share with you all a couple of things that my sister Kelly and I have been working on lately. I really love handmade children's clothes- but they are super expensive, so I am learning to make clothes for Ellie. So, I started with something simple that anyone could make (yes even you). That's the key to sucessful sewing in my opinion- start easy. So that's what I did. I made this little dress for Ellie.


This dress only took about one hour and ended up costing about $8 to make. Not bad huh? Oh, and for those of you who don't have kids, they make great gifts. I also made this style of dress for myself (no ruffle or ribbons).

Here is the dress I made for myself.

I am posting a tutorial on how to make this dress below. Also, I would love to hear about any easy sewing projects that you have done! Happy sewing!

2 comments:

DavidandSteff said...

I love the picture of Ellie and Eric-toooooo cute.

Heidi said...

Super cute dresses. I don't think Mike would appreciate me making one for Lincoln though ;) Maybe next baby.