Here is a quick update on Ellie and our progress! Eric and I went to the doctor this morning for a check since I am 40 weeks and 5 days. Originally, I was supposed to go in this Wednesday, the 10th, to be induced if Ellie had not yet come, however, they were full. I had no idea that they could be full, but that's that. So, we were given two options Tuesday (tomorrow) or Thursday. The doctor also informed me, for the first time, that I am at a high risk for a C-section because she is measuring quite big (she appeared to be 8 pounds seven ounces last week during an ultrasound), I have not had many contractoins(if any, don't think I have becuase I still don't know what they feel like, and I take it they aren't super comfortable, so I would notice!), and she is situated further back. I think the hardest part was just picking a date. I mean, how weird is it to just pick what day your child will come into the world, what her birthday will be? I always had the assumption that it would just happen when God had it planned, she would come. But, I realize, it will. God has known for a long long time the exact second and means by which little Ellie Kate would enter the world. That, to me, is extremely comforting.
So, Eric and I decided on Thursday with the hope that a few more days would allow the chance for her to come on her own. Either way, at the end of the day, the Lord has blessed us with a healthy baby. That is what I can not forget. But, we would covet your prayers during this time! Thanks for keeping up with us. Well, I guess our next post will have some baby pictures! (How crazy/exciting is that :)!