Friday, February 12, 2010

Ellie Kate has arrived!!!








We have been waiting to type that title for a little while now and it has definately been worth the wait! At 12:40pm yesterday afternoon (2/11), our beautiful baby girl came into the world. As I sit here and type this in our room at St. Vincents, it is amazing to me that exactly a day ago this amazing baby that has already brought so much joy to our lives had just arrived.
As for the delivery, Emily was amazing. Ellie was born weighing 9 lbs 5 oz and being 22 inches long. Emily delivered her after about 6 hours of labor and an hour of "pushing." We were blessed to have fantastic nurses and doctors throughout this process and we are so thankful for them. Specifically the nurse who guided Emily throughout the day yesterday was a true blessing.
Following all of her tests and being cleaned off, we were able to spend an hour with just our new family of three. It was an awesome time to just sit, stare, sit, stare some more...smile uncontrollably and then pray together thanking God for Ellie. After that both sets of grandparents along with Kelly and Drew came in to see Ellie for the first time. Everyone adored her and we were able to get pictures of Ellie with each of them. She is already seeing the amazing family that we are fortunate to be a part of.
After our family left, we spent the rest of the night taking in the excitement that is having a child. Today has gone great as Ellie is healthy and feeding like we hoped she would. We appreciate all of the phone messages and text messages that so many of you have sent.
On an Eric personal note, I have to say that this really is the most amazing experience of my life. I would rank it in a tie with my wedding day. The coolest part of yesterday following actually seeing Ellie born and hearing her first cry came late last night. As I sat on the couch at about 10:00pm last night holding Ellie as she started to fall asleep, I looked over at the bed and Emily was sleeping peacefully. I know that we are only 24 hours into being parents, but now I see what people were saying when they told me that Ellie would steal my heart. I realized at that point how fortunate I am to have an amazing wife and a beautiful baby girl.

9 comments:

Heidi said...

She is so beautiful. Honestly. That face is gorgeous. So proud of you both & thankful you're all healthy & happy. Can't wait to meet Ellie.

DavidandSteff said...

omg! She's gorgeous and I know how proud you are of her. The third picture looks like she is smiling-I bet she's glad to be out! Congrats to both of you...oh and Em, you looked great for giving birth.

Kelsey Clark said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Oh...she is such a beautiful baby!!! I LOVE the picture of mommy and daughter, Em, you are gorgeous! Did anyone tell you-you're not supposed to look that good right after giving birth! ;) Eric-that post gave me wonderful goosebumps as I read it! I can't believe it has already been 4 months since Kevin and I were where you guys are now. It goes SO fast! Cherish EVERY minute...together...it is amazing! Can't wait to meet her. I love you guys!!! :)

Ellen said...

Oh, Eric & Emily, she is beautiful!! Congratulations and we cannot wait to meet her!!! Em, you are a champ for delivering a 9 lb. baby so fast! I am so proud of you! Lots of love from the Flannerys!!!!

Lindsey Williamson said...

Congratulations Emily and Eric! What fun little girls are. Good job delivering such a big first baby!(I think big babies are easier - they eat and sleep better)
So happy for yall. Enjoy these days ahead! Hope to meet her sometime when we're in bham.

Gerri said...

Eric and Emily! Hey! I found your blog through Kristen Howard's!

Congrats on your beautiful Ellie Kate! You guys are going to be amazing parents. You are one of the sweetest and most genuine couples I've ever met. Ellie Kate is blessed to have you as parents.

Congrats again, and I hope to meet her one day soon!

Matt and Kristen said...

Friends... so so happy that Ellie is here and healthy!! It was fabulous seeing you guys Friday. Can't wait to come play with Ellie soon!! Love you guys!!

Keri said...

Oh, she is absolutely beautiful! I know you guys are just on cloud nine right now! I would love to meet her sometime soon! Congrats to your new family of three!

Cindy said...

Congratulations!!! She is absolutely beautiful!!! Cherish every moment- she will be grown before you know it!!!